Tips and Tricks
The game has 4 difficulty levels, 3 maps and a few zombie hordes. Choose more difficult levels and bigger hordes to unlock new colonies faster.
- Place new buildings close to the each other. Large settlements mean more resources spent on guarding them.
- Large colonies require multiple defenders. You may not be able to defend the settlement if it’s too big.
- Longer walls often contain weak points that can be used by zombies to access your settlement.
- Old buildings can be replaced with new ones, taking up less terrain than initially foreseen.
- You can build double, triple, or even quadruple walls – this is the only means of defense against the zombies.
- Watch out for holes in your defense. Sometimes, a badly placed and/or a weak wall can be used by zombies to enter your colony.
- Do not engage small herds of zombies that do not threaten your colony. Attacking them will increase their aggression and the amount of incoming waves.
- If at least one zombie reaches the command center, the game is lost.
- Resources are unlimited – a single source of each resource will amass resources throughout the course of the whole match.
Combat and Research
- Focus on combat. You’ll need a lot of soldiers and towers to fight off the undead.
- If you are close to the end of the game, skip research and focus all your power on defending the settlement to make sure that the colony survives.