Slow Motion Fix
Experiencing an almost game breaking slow motion bug after you lockpick that first car in the game? Here’s a simple fix.
You running your system currently on Windows 10, 2560×1440 resolution at max settings and APEXPhysX and V-Sync ON. i7-6700, 16gb RAM, GTX 1070
1. Play the game until the slow motion bug happens.
2. Hit ‘CNTRL-ALT-DEL’ to enter the Task Manager
3. Click ‘DETAILS’ tab.
4. Find Mafia II listed.
5. ‘Right click’ on mouse.
6. Select ‘SET AFFINITY’
7. Untick all CPU boxes except CPU 0
8. Return to the game. Do not restart the game, just click on the Task Bar Mafia 2 icon that’s running.
9. Within a few seconds the slow motion will fix itself but you’ll notice a massive drop in frame rate. Hit CNTRL-ALT-DEL again, follow the steps and retick all the CPU boxes. Return to the game and it should play fine.
There may be a better way to do this but it works for me and has only happened on two missions so far.