Banana Bread Recipe
Here’s an easy-to-follow, tasty, banana-bread recipe, to make for a nice snack while playing Garry’s Mod.
- Prep time: 10 minutes.
- Cooking time: 55 minutes.
- Yield: Makes one loaf, about 12 slices.
You do not need a mixer for this recipe! The clean-up is easy as well. If you want, you can mix everything in one mixing bowl.
The best bananas to use for this banana-bread recipe are the banana’s that are over-ripe. The yellow peels should be at least half browned, and the bananas inside squishy and already browning.
– 2 to 3 very ripe bananas, peeled
– 1/3 cup melted butter
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– A pinch of salt, about 1 mL
– 3/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet, 1 cup if more sweet)
– 1 large egg, beaten
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a 4×8-inch loaf pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
3. Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvthe flour.
4. Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F (175°C), or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving. Slice and taste! (A bread knife helps to make slices that aren’t crumbly.)