Golden Keys, VIP Codes & Rewards
Shift Codes and Golden Keys are announced regularly through different sources, of which all the latest are compiled below – and include the amount of Golden Keys rewarded, the dates the Shift Codes are added, and if they will expire. Shift Codes and VIP Codes can also unlock special cosmetics and other items not found anywhere else, so be sure to check back regularly for new Shift Codes.
Full Updated List of Available Shift Codes and Golden Keys
Note: Some shift codes that provide Golden Keys are obtained by those that bought the Diamond Loot Chest Edition of the game – but they work for anyone, and do not expire.
- C9WBB-55CS3-HCJ55-TJJ3T-HWKKS (1 Golden Key, Added 10/5/19, expires 10/6 @ 8AM PST)
- K9WJT-35CSJ-953WK-BTJJB-HWC9C (1 Golden Key, Added 10/4/19, expires 10/5 @ 8PM PST)
- ZFKJ3-TT3BB-JTBJT-T3JJT-JWX9H (3 Golden Keys, Added 9/13/19)
- 9XCBT-WBXFR-5TRWJ-JJJ33-TX53Z (1 Golden Key, Added 9/13/19 – Redeem in game)
- ZRWBJ-ST6XR-CBFKT-JT3J3-FRXJ5 (1 Golden Key, Added 9/13/19)
- Z65B3-JCXX6-5JXW3-3B33J-9SWT6 (1 Golden Key, Added 9/13/19)
- ZFKJ3-TT6FF-KTFKT-T3JJT-JWX36 (1 Golden Key, Added 9/13/19)
- HXKBT-XJ6FR-WBRKJ-J3TTB-RSBHR (1 Golden Key, Added 9/13/19)
Pre-Order Bonus Golden Keys
If you pre-ordered Borderlands 3 from any retailer or source, you are eligible to earn Insider VIP rewards – including 5 Golden Keys.
To do so, you must have signed up for the Borderlands VIP account, and filled out a survey form listing where you pre-ordered the game from. If done correctly, and if you play within 14 days of the game’s release on September 13th, you will earn a special weapon, skin, and 5 Gold Keys that will arrive in your mail.
How to Redeem Shift Codes
SHiFT is Gearbox Software’s free fan reward program which sends subscribers SHiFT codes to redeem within Borderland’s menu.
Once you begin signing up, you can automatically sign up through various sources and link your accounts through theses service, including the Epic Store or consoles.
Note: Why you need a SHiFT account: SHiFT is the platform that powers all in-game promotions and rewards in Gearbox games. Without SHiFT there’d be no way for you to receive all of the in-game rewards that are coming your way.
Once you have successfully created and linked your SHiFT account, you can then redeem SHiFT Codes for Golden Keys in a variety of ways.
Head to the SHiFT Account Rewards Page to quickly copy and paste the codes listed at the top of the page into the Code Redemption section, and be sure to select the correct platform for your code – you’ll then be alerted to how many Golden Keys will be added to your account.
You can also do this directly in the game at any time by going to the menu and entering the Social Tab, and heading to the SHiFT section to enter the codes through the game itself.
How to Redeem and Use Golden Keys
Once you have redeemed the SHiFT Codes to obtain a certain amount of Golden Keys, you will find the special Golden Chest aboard the Sanctuary 3 spaceship, which you can start doing once you leave Pandora for the first time at the end of the 4th mission.
IMPORTANT: SIMPLY REDEEMING A SHiFT CODE WILL NOT AUTOMATICALLY ADD A GOLDEN KEY TO YOUR INVENTORY. YOU MUST CHECK YOUR MAIL IN THE SOCIAL TAB TO FIND THE MAIL WITH YOUR GOLDEN KEYS AND PRESS THE ACCEPT BUTTON UNTIL ALL AVAILABLE KEYS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO YOUR INVENTORY.
Each Golden Key has a one time use to open the Golden Chest to reward you with a random assortment of high-tier weapons and items. They will always be Uncommon rarity or above, and will always be at your current level when opening the chest.
After you use the Golden Key to collect the loot, the chest will re-seal, and you can use additional keys to keep opening the chest for more loot. Use those keys carefully! Since Golden Keys are limited, you’ll want to use them when you really need a good weapon, and your current stock just isn’t cutting it.
How to Earn Points Quickly via VIP Insider
There are 2 ways to earn points quickly.
1. You can earn points by entering codes (see below). Go to Borderlands.com > SHiFT > Redeem Codes > OR Insiders >Redeem code. Then *click on the type of code you have* and enter code. Points will be added to your account.
2. Go to Borderlands.com > Insiders > Activities . Scroll down and under getting started and activities there are a variety of things you can do earn points. Most of them involve lining accounts or reading/interacting with Borderlands promotional content.
List of VIP Codes
- GAMEVIP: 100 Point
- BONERFART: 100 Point
- SMARTOYSVIP: 100 Point
- BOLVIP: 100 Point
- ALLYOURGAMESVIP: 100 Point
- YOURGAMEZONEVIP: 100 Point
- MEDIAMARKTVIP: 100 Point
- ILOVEBAGUETTE: 200 Point
- BL3FREVENTVIP: 200 Point
- LOADINGBAR: 250 Point
- PWR2PLYRS : 250 Point
- MAYHEM: 250 Point
- CRUMPOCALYPSE: 250 Point
- GODSDONTNEGOTIATE: 250 Point
- TWOWEEKS: 250 Point
- JVMVIP: 250 Point
- BL3MUSEUMCOSPLAY: 500 Point
- HALVERHAHN: 500 Point
- MAYHEMPRIDE: 500 Point
- INTERTOYSVIP: 100 Point
- PLAYERONEVIP: 100 Point
- BL3REVEAL: 100 Point
- FIGHT4SANCTUARY: 250 Point
- LOOTLOOTLOOT: 250 Point
- JOYPUKE: 250 Point
- BL3WELCOME: 250 Point
- BL3ATE3: 250 Point
- HEYSUGAR: 250 Point
- SOHAPPYTOGETHER: 250 Point
- CLAPTASTIC: 250 Point
- MYMAIN: 250 Point
- ONTHEHUNT: 250 Point
- POWERUPEMAIL: 250 Point
- DASHERZ: 250 Point
- LESSTHANTHREE :250 Point
- FRESHBOOTY: 250 Point
- BUILDURSQUAD: 250 Point
- OVERCLOCKED : 250 Point
- FORTNITEXMAYHEM: 250 Point
- DUCTTAPEMOD: 250 Point
- 2KLOVE: 500 Point
- COHHVIP: 250 Point
- GREGORONKH: 250 Point
How to Use Points to Redeem Skins, Guns, and more
Go to Borderlands.com > Insiders > VIP Rewards and you can already select some guns and skins. These will not be delivered until the game is released and please note that you cannot get Gold Keys for Borderlands 3 yet.