Atlas Wiki Guides
- Atlas – Harvesting Guide
- Atlas – Crafting Guide
- Atlas – Ship Building Guide
- Atlas – Taming Guide
- Atlas – Cooking Guide
- Atlas – Health and Vitamins
- Atlas – Skills System
- Atlas – Character Stats
- Atlas – Crew Guide
- Atlas – Raft Guide
- Atlas – Pirate Ships and Loot Boxes
- Atlas – Relative Bearing
- Atlas – Pirate Battle Tactics
- Atlas – How to Find Drinkable Water
- Atlas – How to Claim Land
- Atlas – How to Build Brigantine Ship
- Atlas – Ghost Ships [Ship of The Damned]
- Atlas – How to Make a House
- Atlas – Where to Find Fiber ?
- Atlas – How to Get Flint
- Atlas – How to Get Wood
- Atlas – Fishing Guide
- Atlas – How to Tame Creatures?
- Atlas – How to Level Up Ships and Rafts
- Atlas – Armor Crafting Recipes
- Atlas – Tool Recipes
- Atlas – Disable Auto Target Lock
You can access your inventory by pressing the “I” button. As mentioned before, the first things you’ll want to craft are the Stone Pick, the Stone Hatchet and all of the Cloth Armor. In order to do so, you’ll first need to level up — the fastest way to level up and gain experience is just to kill an animal on the shore (avoid birds if you don’t have a weapon) or if you prefer the slow way, harvest resources. After leveling up head over to the skill tree and put a point into “The Basics” skill which will let you build the tools essential for your survival. Although the Cloth Armor keeps your temperature up for longer, you should really consider crafting a torch and campfire in order to stay warm, cook meat and see during the night-time.
Important Crafting Recipes
- Stone Pick – 2 Fibers, 6 Stone, 6 Wood
- Stone Hatchet – 15 Fibers, 3 Flint, 1 Stone and 3 Wood
- Spear – 14 Fibers, 3 Flint, 12 Wood
Note that items have durability, you’ll often find yourself in need of repairing Picks and Hatchets, you can do so in your inventory by right clicking the item and pressing repair. Repairing will cost you resources, but less than if you crafted the item from scratch. Spears tend to brake really quick (after killing 1 monster) so make sure it’s durability is always filled.
There is going to be quite a few very important basic resources that you’ll want to acquire on the first island you spawn: Wood, Thatch, Stone, Flint, Hide, Meat, Fruit, Fish and Coal.
- Wood can be gathered by punching Trees with either your hands or a tool such as Pick or Hatchet. Harvesting from Trees using a Hatchet will provide you with more resources. Wood is used in a high percentage of recipes so make sure you’ve always got a lot of it.
- Thatch can be gathered from Trees by using a Pick or Hatchet.
- Stone can be gathered by punching Rocks with your hands or a Pick/Hatchet. Harvesting Stone with a Pick will net you more Stone so always use your Pickaxe if you have one. Stone is a much needed resource so always have enough of it stored in your inventory.
- Flint can be gathered from Rocks only by using a tool.
- Coal can be gathered from Rocks only by harvesting with a Stone Pick.
- Meat can be harvested from dead animals — you will need lots of it in order to keep your Protein vitamins up.
- Hide is a much needed crafting resource for items and some gear or even structures, you can get it from animals.
- Fruit – there are a lot of variants of fruits, it doesn’t matter which ones you get as long as you can keep your Fruit vitamins up.
- Fish meat can be acquired from killing Fish which roam the seas. Kill the fish under water, bring it to the surface and harvest ingredients from it by punching it with a tool. Fish meat is a little bit hard to get because you can get attacked by Sharks whilst you’re diving under water in search for food.