Apex Legends Characters and Abilities
There are a total of eight heroes in Apex Legends, ea
“I am the hunter the Gods have sent.”
- Real Name: Unknown
- Age: Unknown
- Home World: Unknown
Bloodhound is known across the Outlands as one of the greatest game hunters the Frontier has ever seen – and that’s about all anyone knows. Their identity is a mystery wrapped in layers of rumors: they are fabulously wealthy, a bloodthirsty murderer, a Goliath whisperer, a former slave, half bat, and a dozen other things depending on who’s doing the whispering.
All anyone truly knows is that Bloodhound is a force to be reckoned with in the Apex Games. Bloodhound’s unparalleled tracking skills are a boon to any team they join, helping them root out hidden opponents and tracking the enemy’s movements. Calling on Earth’s Old Norse Gods to guide them, Bloodhound believes that destiny is a path that has already been laid out, eventually carrying all to their death. But with that knowledge comes strength, because until that day comes, Bloodhound knows they can’t be stopped.
- Passive Skill: Tracker – Foes leave behind clues for you to find.
- Active Skill: Eye of the Allfather – Briefly reveal enemies, traps, and clues through all structures in front of you.
- Ultimate Skill: Beast of the Hunt – Transform into the ultimate hunter. Enhances your senses, allowing you to see cold tracks and move faster.
Bloodhound is essentially the tracker class. His Passive ability allows you to see where enemy players have been, while his Tactical ability pings the area to reveal tracks left behind by foes. And with the Bloodhound’s Beast of the Hunt, your abilities are enhanced with increased movement speed and advanced environmental awareness.
“Try to move me; it’ll be fun.”
- Real Name: Makoa Gibraltar
- Age: 30
- Home World: Solace
- Tactical Ability: Dome of Protection
- Passive Ability: Gun Shield
- Ultimate Ability: Defensive Bombardment
Gibraltar is a gentle giant with a wild side. The son of two SARAS (Search and Rescue Association of Solace) volunteers, he has always been skilled at getting others out of dangerous situations that are common in the Outlands. However, he only began to understand the value of protecting others when he and his boyfriend stole his father’s motorcycle, took it on a joyride, and got trapped by a deadly mudslide. His parents saved them, and his father lost an arm in the process. Gibraltar has never forgotten that sacrifice and has devoted his life to helping those in need.
The Apex Games didn’t change that, but they changed what it meant. Many of Gibraltar’s friends and colleagues have competed in the Games for extra money, fame, and glory over the years, and some never came home. Gibraltar joined to keep them safe and, for the first time, his skills as a rescuer and his rebellious nature worked together. He’s now become an icon in the Apex Games, putting himself in the line of fire to protect his squad and send his opponents running for cover.
- Passive Skill: Gun Shield – Aiming down sights deploys a gun shield that blocks incoming
- Active Skill: Dome of Protection – Throw down a dome-shield that blocks attacks for 15
- Ultimate Skill: Defensive Bombardment – Call in a concentrated mortar strike on a position you mark with smoke.
Gibraltar is an ideal candidate for defensive players. His Passive ability is a riot shield that can deflect enemy fire, and his Tactical ability is a dome shield that lasts for 15 seconds after deployment. If your teammates are the type to get into trouble in a firefight, you’ll want to use Gibraltar to protect them when cover is limited or if your team becomes sitting ducks. And when the going gets tough, you can support your squad with his Ultimate ability, Defensive Bombardment, which calls in a concentrated mortar strike on a marked position (warning: you can kill yourself with this, so watch out for that).
“Never quit. That’s how you win.”
- Real Name: Ajay Che
- Age: 24
- Tactical Ability: D.O.C. Heal Drone
- Passive Ability: Combat Medic
- Ultimate Ability: Care Package
Ajay Che, aka Lifeline, isn’t someone you would expect to find in the Apex Games. Once the child of wealthy war profiteers, she left home when she learned of the damage her family had caused and enlisted in the Frontier Corps, a humanitarian organization that aids Frontier communities in need. She’s since devoted her life to helping others and joined the Apex Games to fund the Frontier Corps with her winnings.
Since no one in the Games is innocent — they all know what they signed up for — and every one of her victories means help for those in need, Lifeline has no problem engaging in the popular bloodsport. Or so she tells herself. She may seem sarcastic and callous, but deep down she wants to help people and make the world a better place. If that means taking a few people down in the process, so be it.
- Passive Skill: Combat Medic – Revive knocked down teammates faster while protected by a shield wall. Healing items are used 25% faster.
- Active Skill: D.O.C. Heal Drone – The Drone of Compassion (DOC) automatically heals those near it over time.
- Ultimate Skill: Care Package – Call in a drop full of high quality defensive gear.
Lifeline is your prototypical medic class. Her Passive ability is a one-direction shield that deploys to revive a teammate, while her Tactical ability is a drone that automatically heals nearby allies. If those abilities aren’t enough to get your squad in good shape, Lifeline has an Ultimate ability that spawns in a pod filled with high-quality gear.
“I don’t take myself too seriously. I don’t take myself anywhere. I need to get out more.”
- Real Name: Elliott Witt
- Age: 30
- Home World: Solace
- Tactical Ability: Psyche Out
- Passive Ability: Encore!
- Ultimate Ability: Vanishing Act
Mirage is the kind of guy who likes to stand out. The youngest of four brothers, he perfected the art of fooling around to get attention. The one thing he took seriously was Holo-Pilot technology: introduced to the illusion-creating tech by his engineer mother, he poured over the mechanisms and learned all he could about them. Even when his brothers went MIA during the Frontier War, Mirage and his mother continued to develop holo devices, and the work brought them closer.
While working as a bartender to make ends meet, Mirage heard amazing stories from his patrons about the Apex Games and the wealth and glory that came with victory. As good as both of those sounded, he knew he couldn’t risk leaving his mother childless – until she gave him a set of customized holo devices and told him to follow his dream. Mirage is now the life of the Apex Games, outwitting opponents and charming audiences across the Outlands.
- Passive Skill: Encore! – Automatically drop a decoy and cloak for 5 seconds when knocked down.
- Active Skill: Psyche Out – Send out a holographic decoy to confuse the enemy.
- Ultimate Skill: Vanishing Act – Mirage deploys a team of decoys to distract enemies while he cloaks.
Mirage is for those who love to toy with their foes. His Tactical ability allows you to drop a holographic decoy, while his Passive ability takes that same decoy and deploys it when you’re knocked down by the enemy. If these decoys weren’t enough to fool the opposing team, Mirage’s Ultimate deploys a team of them to further confuse enemies while you remain cloaked.
“Losing isn’t fun. That’s why I don’t do it.”
- Real Name: MRVN
- Age: Unknown
- Home World: Unknown
- Tactical Ability: Grappling Hook
- Passive Ability: Insider Knowledge
- Ultimate Ability: Zipline Gun
Pathfinder is the picture of optimism, despite his circumstances. A MRVN (Mobile Robotic Versatile eNtity) modified to specialize in location scouting and surveying, he booted up decades ago in an abandoned laboratory with no idea who created him or why. With only his MRVN designation to hint at his identity, Pathfinder set off in search of his creator.
Pathfinder has learned much in his travels since then (like how to make a mean Eastern Leviathan Stew) but hasn’t come any closer to finding his creator. Still, he’s never given up hope, and has joined the Apex Games to gain a following–and hopefully draw the attention of his maker. In the meantime, he remains enthusiastic and helpful, always ready to make new friends (then shoot them).
- Passive Skill: Insider Knowledge – Scan a survey beacon to reveal the ring’s next location.
- Active Skill: Grappling Hook – Grapple to get to out-of-reach places quickly.
- Ultimate Skill: Zipline Gun – Creates a zipline for everyone to use.
Sometimes a squad’s path to success is made possible by a solid recon player. Pathfinder handles that role in spades with abilities that provide advantageous intel. This optimistic robot’s Passive ability reveals the next ring’s location, and its zipline gun is handy for getting to out-of-reach locations. It can also assist allies with its Ultimate ability, which deploys a zipline that can be used by all squadmates.
“There’s a thin line between life and death. You’ll find me there.”
- Real Name: Redacted
- Age: Redacted
- Home World: Redacted
- Tactical Ability: Into the Void
- Passive Ability: Voices from the Void
- Ultimate Ability: Dimensional Rift
Wraith is a whirlwind fighter, able to execute swift and deadly attacks and manipulate spacetime by opening rifts in the fabric of reality — but she has no idea how she got that way. Years ago, she woke up in an IMC Detention Facility for the Mentally Ill with no memory of her life before. She also began hearing a distant voice whispering in her mind that would keep her awake for days on end. Despite nearly driving her insane, once she started to listen and trust it, the voice helped her harness her newfound power of void manipulation and escape the facility.
Determined to uncover her true identity, Wraith began a quest to find out more about the experiments. Many of the old research facilities, however, are buried beneath heavily guarded arenas used for the Apex Games. Now Wraith has joined the competition, and with every match she gets closer to the truth.
- Passive Skill: Voices from the Void – You hear voices when danger approaches.
- Active Skill: Into the Void – Reposition quickly through the safety of the ‘void’ space, avoiding all damage.
- Ultimate Skill: Dimensional Rift – Link 2 locations with portals for 60 seconds.
Wraith is an agile offensive fighter with an intriguing roster of abilities. Her Passive ability tells you when enemies are lining up shots on you or your squad. While Wraith doesn’t have the highest defense, she can get out of trouble pretty easily with her phase shifting Tactical ability, which makes you nearly invisible and invincible (even outside the circle) for a brief duration. Lastly, Wraith’s Ultimate ability makes for a handy way to support squadmates, as you’re given the ability to create a portal pathway for them to use.
“Name the weapon–I’ll still beat you.”
- Real Name: Anita Williams
- Age: 35
- Tactical Ability: Smoke Launcher
- Passive Ability: Double Time
- Ultimate Ability: Rolling Thunder
Born into a military family where she, her parents, and her four older brothers all served in the IMC Armed Forces, Bangalore has been an exceptional soldier since she was young. She was top of her class at the IMC Military Academy and the only cadet who could take apart a Peacekeeper, equip it with a Precision Choke hop-up, and put it back together in under twenty seconds – blindfolded.
Three years ago, Anita and her brother Jackson were ordered to retrieve a mercenary fleet from the Outlands to aid in the IMC’s fight against the Militia. However, their unit lost contact with IMC HQ and were ambushed on arrival. The squad scattered, but Jackson stayed behind to give his sister time to escape. Alone and with no way home, Anita put her training, extensive weapon knowledge, and competitive spirit to work by joining the Apex Games. Now, she fights to raise money for passage back to the IMC home base, where she hopes to reunite with what remains of her family.
- Passive Skill: Doubletime – Taking fire while sprinting makes you move faster for a brief time.
- Active Skill: Smoke Launcher – Fire a high velocity smoke canister that explodes into a smoke wall on impact.
- Ultimate Skill: Rolling Thunder – Call in an artillery strike that slowly creeps across the landscape.
Bangalore is your standard soldier class with a couple tricks up her sleeve. Her Passive ability is an increased sprint speed under fire, while her Tactical ability are smoke canisters that can thwart pursuing enemies. But if her smoke bombs can’t stop a sudden enemy offensive, Bangalore’s Ultimate ability is an artillery strike that can easily push back the assault.
“I don’t concern myself with the ambitions of insects.”
- Real Name: Alexander Nox
- Age: 48
- Tactical Ability: Nox Gas Trap
- Passive Ability: Nox Vision
- Ultimate Ability: Nox Gas Grenade
Before there was Caustic, a scientist named Alexander Nox worked at Humbert Labs, the Frontier’s leading manufacturer of pesticide gases. With a glut of pesticides needed to protect the growing Frontier colonies’ crops, Humbert Labs was constantly on the hunt for better and stronger formulas. Nox was one of their brightest scientists and worked day and night developing new gases. But to make sure they worked, he needed to test them on more than just inert tissue: he needed something living.
As he toiled in secret, Nox began to see the beauty in his creations and their ability to destroy anything they touched. But the head of Humbert Labs soon discovered his gruesome experiments, and their confrontation ended with the lab in flames and its chief dead. Today, Nox is missing and presumed deceased. Caustic, meanwhile, now finds new test subjects in the Apex Games, where he puts his gaseous creations to work and observes their effects with great interest.
- Passive Skill: Nox Vision – You gain threat vision on enemies when moving through your gas.
- Active Skill: Nox Gas Trap – Place up to 6 canisters that release deadly Nox has when shot or triggered by enemies.
- Ultimate Skill: Nox Gas Grenade – Blanket a large area in Nox gas.
Caustic is a defensive class that can assist squadmates with practical area-of-effect weapons. His Tactical ability allows you to deploy deadly gas traps that detonate upon proximity or when shot. All the while, Caustic’s Passive ability allows you to see enemies through the gas. And if all this talk of gas wasn’t enough, his Ultimate basically blankets a large area in more deadly poison.
ch equipped with their own unique abilities and gear.